Tuesday, January 31, 2012
This is your final reminder to submit the appropriate paper work to remain eligible to compete for the season. Please refer to your coaches checklist and make sure everything is in. The deadline for most items will be tomorrow, February 1st. Any questions please let me or Holly know asap. REMINDER - this paper work applies to ALL programs. Our email addresses are listed below. Best of luck as you all get your seasons underway. Go Collegiates!
Rebecca - email@example.com
Holly - BrownH@buckeyes.ath.ohio-state.edu
Friday, January 13, 2012
1. Proof of Club Registration - Due February 1st - Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Proof Membership Registration - Due February 1st - Submit to email@example.com
3. Team Roster - February 1st - Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Student Athlete Statements/Tech Affidavit - Due prior to first meet - http://www.usasynchro.org/Collegiate/Student_Athlete_Statement.htm
5. Playing Season Declaration - Due February 1st - Submit to BrownH@buckeyes.ath.ohio-state.edu
6. Meet Results - Due no more than 48 hours after the meet - Submit to BrownH@buckeyes.ath.ohio-state.edu
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
1. Required paperwork –also in attachment
1. Club & Membership Registration – Due by first competition
2. Team Rosters – Due February 1st
3. Proof of club and membership registration – Due February 1st
4. Playing season declaration – Due February 1st
5. Meet Results – Due no later than 48 hours after the meet
6. Student Statements & Tech Affidavit (will be online) – Due Feb 1st
Note: Student Athlete Statements - Staff are working hard to make sure these forms are added as part of a online registration. This will save paper, postage, and time. Please continue to check your email and the collegiate blog for updates.
2. See attached for an updated version of the collegiate manual.
3. Email all meet schedules to Barbara McNamee at email@example.com.
CO 2.1 Categories for Technical Competition:
CO2.1.1 Competitors shall move into 1 of the 4 categories on the basis of an average of all of the Technical scores from their most recent season.
CO2.1.1 Competitors shall move into 1 of the 4 categories on the basis of
an average of all the their qualifying average Figure and Technical Element category score from their most recent competitive season.
CO 2.1.2 Movement between Technical Categories:
1. A competitor may, at any time, choose to compete in a higher Figure and Technical Element Category than the competitor’s scores from the previous season. Movement between these categories can be made at any time.
2. A competitor placing first in a category at the U.S. Collegiate Championship shall automatically move up to the next Technical Category in the next competitive season and the remainder of their collegiate career.
3. Once a competitor achieves a qualifying average Figure and Technical Element Category score for a competitive season, they must compete in that category (or higher) for the next competitive season and the remainder of their collegiate career.
2. A-Element descriptions and counts have been added to the Collegiate Manual pages 6-10.
3. All proposed rules were passed and are attached, please read.
1. Team logo suits vs. full glitz suits: Proposal to have all teams wear none sparkle suits with team logo was voted down. The collegiate group voted to continue wearing the full glitz suits and headpieces as has been done in the past. Rationale: the group was split but felt it was best to go with what the athletes preferred which was to continue wearing full glitz based on survey results.
2. Should club teams be allowed to join for competition: Proposal to allow club teams to join for competition (ex Babson combines with Clark and competes under one name) was voted down. Rationale: some club programs have rules restricting this option. The group felt it would be unfair to allow some programs to combine while others cannot. The group also felt that it would hinder the growth of the collegiate group.
3. Program Development: Thanks to Jenn Hat, the collegiate group now has both a collegiate brochure and poster which will be distributed to all age-group club teams. We will be adding additional info to the packet and labeling it a collegiate tool kit. Any ideas please contact our Program Development Advisor Nancy Wightman at firstname.lastname@example.org.